Full day fly fishing, one angler $750 NZD
(additional anglers $50 pp)
*fishing licence not included (see below for details)
Quality lunch and refreshments,
fishing equipment, photos of your day
A 50% deposit is requested prior to securing your booking. Balance to be paid on the day of trip. Paypal available (transfer fees are excluded)
Tuition and multi day packages available on request
Multi day trips available on request including accommodation, please inquire:
Half days available on request,
Casting and general tuition available for lakes and river fishing, please inquire: special rates may apply
All trips can be arranged to suit your ability!
depending on location, walking will be required.
However locations can be tailored to suit your fitness
or fly fishing ability.
One day licence (Fish and Game) $20 NZD
Covers all of NZ (Except Taupo)
Licences can be purchased online from the Fish and Game
One day licence (Taupo region only) $17 NZD
Licences can be purchased online from Department of Conservation
Weekly and yearly licences are also available online
(Licences are required by law, indicated as approximate costs subject to change)
What to bring
- Fishing licence (see licences*)
- Warm clothing i.e. polypropolene top, leggings
- Rain jacket
- Wide brimmed hat
- Heavy socks
- Polaroid sun glasses
- Suntan lotion and bug spray
- Personal medical supplies
- Sense of humour and patience!
- Favourite fly rod and reels, (Alternative gear provided no extra cost)
- Gortex waders along with rubber-soled wading boots (felt-soled boots are not permitted in NZ)
Safety Is Priority!
Rob holds a current Red Cross First Aid and Physiological First Aid Certificate, at any time prior to booking Rob is happy to advise on a suitable angling environment to suit your ability.
The Fishing Season
as many anglers. Early season fish are less picky.
Summer: January, February and Marchcan be excellent dry fly fishing. This can be most stable for time for weather and river levels.
Winter: options available subject to weather, some fantastic spring creek fishing is still an option
Cancellation within 7 days will incur a charge of 100% of the full fee (less deposit already paid)
Terms and conditions
Bringing your own gear?
- Rod 4 to 6 weight
- Floating line: weight forward of dull colour.
- and sinking lines
- Tippet 5-10lb fluro, Tippet: 3x - 5x.
- Tapered leaders: 9ft 4x
- Breathable waders (No felt-soled boots)
- Dry Flies: Royal Wulff, CDC's , Parachute Adams, Simulators
- Nymphs: Copper/Gold and black tungstan beadheads, pheasant tails, cadillac nymphs, stoneflies, halfbacks, hare and copper,